Clicker training is the fun, reward-based method of dog training. The clicker becomes a positive switch that promises your dog a treat.
measures 5 x 2.2 x 1.6cm
Some simple tips to follow:
1. Make sure you and your dog are both in a calm and focused state, minimize distractions around you.
2. Make sure you have tasty treats nearby.
3. Exercise your dog first to burn off excess energy.
4. Put your dog on a lead or in a contained space
5. Decide on what behaviour you want to train – example – ‘Sit’
6. Lure your dog into the behaviour you are working on
7. Click immediately when your dog actions the command. Timing is critical, follow with a reward.
8. And repeat until they are consistently following your instructions. Remember a click is always a promise of a treat.